Sunday, November 23, 2014

World of war craft: The state of combat rogues and the current heroic dungeons experience

A week after the launch of Warlords of Draenor, I'm now level 100 and working on the needs of my garrison and overall character.

It's funny really.... After raiding seriously in siege of orgrimmar, I can feel importance of crowd control abilities as I'm not able to carry the rest of the dungeon group in DPS. Time to gear up seriously and run encounters on a regular basis. At least I know now where I can get my gear from thanks to the dungeon journal.

The experience of reaching level 100 and replacing my tier equipment is somewhat like a step back from how my character felt during the siege of orgrimmar days. I'm back to casting my abilities slowly as the 4 piece tier bonus is gone. I liked the way it felt though being able to throw out my abilities continuously to reduce the cooldown times of my main damage causing abilities. It tempts me somewhat to go back to my mythic gear just for that because I feel oddly weak in heroic dungeons.

Thing is weak is a unfair term because I understand that Warlords of Draenor has been tweaked so that you aren't just being a silly DPS crazed character pumping out damage. Instead you're supposed:-D  to be managing the fight with a balance of helping out the healers by taking less damage by staying out damage causing phases or areas. Then their is doing your role and making sure you use crowd control and interrupts. I feel this is most noticeable now as DPS to the healers as its not like my health is constantly being maxed out for the fight.

In a way, now I understand what the developers were aiming for in Warlords of Draenor because the tuning is supposed to make the gaming experience "engaging" for MMORPG players and to constantly keep the world of war craft  fan base on their toes. So far I'm enjoying my experience in Warlords of Draenor and have much to expect from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment