Thursday, April 24, 2014

That song that makes you go... Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi

When I think of songs, I've always got my repertoire of songs that always help me describe my feelings at the moment and one of the most defining ones is Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi by Uverworld


This song was extremely moving for me because as the 1st opening song for Gundam 00's second season, I was blown away by the emotions I felt thanks to the attachment I had gained from watching the first season. The characters and story made it extremely heart-wrenching for me to listen to. The first thing that is shown is a quick view of everyone's past so you reinforce the image of the characters suffering that made them what they are for the 1st season of 00, then it transitions to events of the 1st season and we get to see the defining moments that changed the characters. Its a scene that made me feel all the emotions of the ending of the 1st season x5. Then the song cuts in to the 2nd seasons current events and introduces the plight of all the characters to change the world that they created.

Its a theme they touched on in Gundam Wing but I felt that it was further reinforced in Gundam 00 with relish showing that all of demand change and we are driven to the extreme that we have to begin a revolution to change the world for the others so that they will never grow up to be like you or suffer like you. Its a strong feeling that we all get that makes me want to make a place in the world and one day be able to mold the world with my own hands.

If you want to learn more about this song don't hesitate to check out this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_albums#Hakanaku_mo_Towa_no_Kanashi

No comments:

Post a Comment