Saturday, October 3, 2015

Professor Layton "Versus" Phoenix Wright


For those of you who enjoyed this game, I felt how Doctor Evil above because the title said so. It's supposed to be the dream bout that I was waiting for but turned out to be much more then I expected.

After I played this game, I realized how much I liked it more then Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. Don't get me wrong though. AA:DD was great as an entry in the AA series but AA:Trials and Tribulations did a good job determining the true direction that the prosecutor and defense attorney should be aspiring for. Oh Dahlia....You gave us such a great conclusion to that game that I can't help but revert back to you when I think about the best witness on the stand.
By the way, this is Shirokumapan cosplaying as Dahlia Hawthorne.

Anyway back to the real topic, Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright. I wonder...is it really called that in Japan or is it just using the effect of Naruhodou's point as an X and really calling it Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright? Kind of like Hunter X Hunter?

I loved this game, it challenged me with the Layton puzzles that I never really invested much time on but I truly enjoyed them as it was a welcome change of pace between each court trial.
The characters were fun to interact with especially when multiple witnesses are called to the stand!
It's an element that was added for this branch of the series that doesn't seem to be used by the main series because they're trying to loosely "emulate" what really happens in a court of law but I've never seen multiple witnesses ever so its being used in settings that are not connected to the main storyline. It seems though that they are continuing this feature in the adventures of Ryunosuke and Sherlock.
Hopefully they continue this branch of the series as I liked the partner ship of Wright and Layton. Although there are no current plans to release this in the west but we can always hope right? I for one want to have a Yamato Nadeshiko as my partner. Check out this trailer to convince yourself that this is a game worthy of the franchise

No comments:

Post a Comment